Well hello there dear neglected recipe blog!
One of my favorite chain restaurants is Carrabbas, and my favorite thing to order there is Chicken Bryan. I've tried other dishes there, but I ALWAYS regret not getting the Chicken Bryan.
Not long ago, I was looking through a cookbook that Will's 6th grade team put together and guess what I found? THIS RECIPE for my favorite! It is easy and delicious...and perfect for summer! I like to share good things so here you go:
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp minced yellow onion
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup dry white wine (I bought cooking wine at Walmart)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2/3 cup cold butter, sliced (Gulp. That's a LOT of butter.)
1 1/2 cups chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp white pepper (I used black)
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing chicken)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
8 oz goat cheese, room temp (I use way less!)
1. Saute garlic and onion in the 2 Tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium heat until tender.
2. Stir wine and lemon juice into the skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Simmer until reduced by about half.
3. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, basil (yum!), kosher salt, and white pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Brush chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with the salt and black pepper. Grill until cooked through.
5. Place a slice of goat cheese on top of each chicken breast and spoon the sauce from the skillet over the cheese.
* I've tried using half olive oil/half butter in the sauce, but the results weren't as good as when using all butter. I think in the future I'll cut the sauce in half. I think half a recipe would easily be enough to cover 3-4 chicken breasts.